Mindoro Biodiversity Conservation Foundation Inc.(MBCFI) is a non-government organization and its primary purpose is to enable the conservation of Mindoro’s unique and threatened environment, biodiversity and natural resources into perpetuity, through the establishment of integrated biodiversity conservation and development programs, which include improved dissemination of knowledge, management practices and the active participation and collaboration of relevant stakeholders, particularly those who are dependent upon the natural resources of the region. The priority thrusts of MBCFI are:
1) Institutional/ Community Capacity Building for Stakeholders;
2) Major Source of Biodiversity Information;
3) Island Wide Conservation and Awareness Education;
4) Conservation Site Development; and
5) Formulation of Mindoro Island Conservation Strategy and Action Plan (MICSAP).